Frequently Asked Questions
What is a U-Visa?
U-Visa is granted who those has been victims of crime in the United States and are looking for immigration help.
How can it help me?
- You can legally live in the United States for four years. After three years of having a U-Visa you can apply for a green card to stay in the U.S. permanently. (And if you get a green card, you can eventually apply to become a U.S. citizen).
- With a U-Visa you can get permission to work in the United States.
- Some of your family members might also be able to get a U-Visa.
- With a U-Visa you might be eligible for certain public benefits in some states like California and New York.
What type of person can apply for a U-Visa?
- If you do not have immigration papers, you can apply for a U-Visa.
- You also can apply for a U-Visa if you stayed after your papers expired. If you have a green card, you should ask a lawyer whether you can apply for a U-Visa.
- You can apply for a U-Visa when you are outside the United States, so you may want to keep this option in mind if you have to leave the country.
- Almost no matter what you have done in the past, you can still apply for a U-Visa. People who have committed crimes or been deported in the past can still apply.
How long will it take the government to decide whether I get a U-Visa?
Processing times vary. The government is currently taking about 6-9 months to approve or deny a U application. It all depends on the number of applications and on the information requests by the government.
What is a T-Visa?
T-Visa is granted is or has been a victim of a severe form of trafficking in persons.
What does it mean to be a victim of a severe form of trafficking in persons?
- Sex trafficking, A commercial sex act is induced by force, fraud, or coercion.
- In which the person induced to perform the act is not yet 18 years of age.
- Or the recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision, or obtaining of a person.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- An original statement by the applicant indicating that she is a victim of a severe form of trafficking in persons
- Credible evidence of victimization and cooperation
- A statement indicating whether similar records for the time and place of the crime are available.
- be physically present in the United States
What is a SIJS Visa?
Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS) is a form of immigration relief that aims to allow children who have been victims of abuse, neglect, and abandonment by their parents to be safe in the United States with permanent residence.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Be physically in the United States.
- Not be married.
- Be under 21 years of age.
- There is someone who wants to ask for custody of the minor, usually a relative.
- That the minor does not want to return to their country of origin.
What is DACA?
Daca is a program created by the administration of President Barack Obama, this visa provide benefits to the children who entered the country by themself.
How do I know if I am eligible?
- If you were born after June 15, 1981.
- If you came to the USA before the age of 16.
- You were physically present in the USA on June 15, 2012 and also requested DACA:
• Had no legal status on June 15, 2012.
• Have continuously resided in the US since June 15, 2007 until today.
• Comply with certain educational crimes or have been discharged by the US armed forces.
• Not having committed any crime.
If I have DACA, can I buy a house?
According to the law is possible, you must have at least 2 years working, have your own income, savings in the bank and good credit. If you do not have credit, it is recommended that you start opening it to have a history..
How long does the DACA visa process take?
If you already have your documents ready and the application can be 4 weeks to 6 weeks. With the new administration of President Biden, there may be less time for processes.
Real Estate Consultations
What are the first steps to buying a house?
To add a new question go to app settings and press "Manage Questions" button.
What I need?
It is important to have as evidence papers that record the payment of taxes, work checks and credit history. After that, contact a real estate agent to locate the house on the approved credit.
What should I know if it is the first time?
To start the process, you must have 3.5%, if you have a higher percentage, you can perfectly start with more. Then, visits are made to the houses of your choice.
What should I know if I want to sell a house?
It is important to have the support of a professional in the area, therefore, you must call a real estate agent to make an inspection of the house you want to sell, so that the agent makes a report and after that, delimits a price for the house.
What if my record is short or not good?
It is possible that they help you to fix the credit so that you have the possibility of acquiring your house.
How do I qualify for a loan?
As a first step, you must go to the bank of your choice, and say that you want to acquire a mortgage loan, you can also visit a broker to get the best loan, always on credit for what you do per year.If your annual income is less than $ 50,000, you only need the signature and support of a family member who can provide you with support.